I’ve always been a fan of anything chocolate, including anything dipped in it! So I knew that I couldn’t go wrong with frozen chocolate covered bananas for a delicious treat!
This cold treat is so easy to make and only needs a few ingredients. It’s a much healthier treat than ice cream as well and a great alternative for anyone whose diet is dairy-free. You can also use dark chocolate for dipping or dairy free chocolate chips.
What if I don’t have popsicle sticks?
If you don’t have popsicle sticks on hand, you can also make banana slices. I like popsicle style because it requires less work than having to cut and dip each slice, but making chocolate covered banana bites works just as well!
How ripe should the bananas be?
You want the bananas to hold their shape so you don’t want them to be too ripe. Usually the more ripe the bananas are, the sweeter they are but its not really an issue with this treat since they will be covered in peanut butter and chocolate anyway.
Chocolate Covered Bananas for Parties
I also love that this frozen banana treat can be customized and jazzed up with something as simple as colored sprinkles, making these frozen chocolate covered bananas a wonderful dessert option to serve to guests. Other topping ideas include shredded coconut, chopped nuts (if you a major nut fan since the bananas are already dipped in peanut butter) and white chocolate shavings.
Enjoy these frozen chocolate banana pops!
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
a frozen treat of a banana covered in peanut butter and dipped in chocolate.
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Peel bananas and cut each one in half
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place one popsicle stick inside each banana half and place them
on the baking sheet. Put the baking sheet in the freezer for I hour or until frozen.
- Melt the peanut butter in a sauce pan on the stove top or in the microwave. Remove bananas from the freezer and coat in the melted peanut butter.
- Place bananas back onto the baking sheet and freeze them for another 30 minutes to 1 hour until frozen.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a sauce pan on the stove top or in a microwave safe bowl.
- Dip the frozen bananas in the melted chocolate.
- Place the bananas back on the tray and freeze them for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the frozen banana treats from the freezer at least 5 minutes before eating so that they are not too hard to bite into.
3 thoughts on “Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas”