Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here.
I never thought it was possible to come up with a Keto chocolate donuts recipe that would taste good. With many attempts and many failures, I had almost given up on the dream of having a donut while on the Keto diet! But I wasn’t going to give up and cheat by buying one to satisfy my cravings!
Yes, I know you are shocked at how determined I was to get this right! So here it is folks. My perfect Keto glazed chocolate donuts! This donut is fluffy, perfectly sweetened and very satisfying. All without the guilt!
Make sure you check out our other delicious Keto desserts as well: Keto Coffee Cheesecake Bars, Soft & Chewy Keto Chocolate Cookies, Keto Brownies.
How Do You Make Keto Donuts?
The first major difference with baked Keto donuts is you cannot use regular all-purpose flour. Keto donuts will be made with either almond flour or coconut flour. Keto donuts are not only gluten-free, but also sugar-free but substituting sugar with a sweetener.
How Do You Make the Donuts Fluffy?
I use apple cider vinegar. By adding apple cider to the vinegar to the recipe, it gives the donuts a fluffier texture and the donuts won’t be as dense.
Why Do You Use a Silicone Donut Tray?
I find almond flour to be very sticky to work with but I found the Keto donuts tasted much better with almond flour than coconut flour in this recipe so I wanted to keep trying to work with it. Every time I made an attempt to make these donuts in a regular tin pan they would always stick. However when I attempted to bake them in the silicone tray, they pop right out effortlessly.
If you have a silicone cupcake tray but not a donut one, you can cut a square piece of tinfoil, wrap it around your finger and press it into the silicone muffin tray. This can help you get that donut shape while being able to get the donuts out easy.
Making the Glaze
As the glaze is typically a thinner consistency, we use powdered Keto sugar in this recipe. If you don’t have this on hand but have another sweetener, just place the sweetener in the food processor for a few seconds until it’s a powdery consistency.
Keto Baked Chocolate Donuts with Glaze
Baked Keto chocolate donuts with a chocolate glaze
- 2 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Erythritol Monk Fruit Blend Sweetener (I used Lakanto brand)
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk (coconut milk or any other milk can be used)
- 3 cups Keto powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsps milk of choice
- Pre-head oven to 350 Degrees F and lightly spray with cooking spray a silicone donut tray. Place the silicon donut tray onto a baking sheet as silicone trays tend to be flimsy and I prefer to use a baking sheet also while it’s baking in the oven.
- In a large bowl add the following ingredients: Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder. Using a fork give it a good stir to combine well and to break apart any clumps.
- In a mixing bowl add sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and milk of choice. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add ¼ cup full at a time of flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour your batter into a large zip lock bag and cut one end of the bag. Gently squeeze out the batter into the prepared donut tray (makes 12 donuts)
- Place in oven with the baking sheet and bake for 12 – 15 minutes
- Once done, let it sit to rest for 5 minutes before transferring the donuts onto a cooling rack.
- Dip completely cooled donuts into the glaze and let them rest on the cooling rack or on parchment paper.
- If you would like to add nuts on top like I have, do so right after the donut has been dipped into the glaze so the nuts stick to the glaze better.
In a mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, coco powder, melted butter, vanilla and milk. Mix until it is smooth and well combined.
If the glaze is too thick, add more milk one tbsp at a time.
|1 Serving (1 donut) with Chocolate Glaze|
6 thoughts on “Keto Baked Chocolate Donuts with Glaze”
OMG thank you for this donut pan diy foil hack!
Gonna try your recipe tonight!
Awesome! Yes its a great way to still get your donuts when you don’t have the tray!