I love sheet pan recipes. They tend to be quick and easy to put together and once out of the oven, the roasted meat and vegetables are so juicy and flavorful.
This sheet pan recipe is a beautiful blend of sweet plums and soft red onions with roasted chicken. Everyone will be asking for seconds and licking up their plates…well at least that’s what happens at my dinner table!
To make this a complete one pan meal, toss in some Brussels sprouts or other vegetables and your dinner is ready in 45 minutes or less.
One tip for this recipe is not to rush the marinate time. For best results, marinate the chicken the night before.
Yield: 6 servings
Sheet Pan Plum Roasted Chicken Recipe
Chicken legs roasted with plums and purple onions
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 6-8 Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 6 Garlic cloves minced
- 2.5 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 cups ripe soft plums, pitted and cut into thick wedge slices
- 6-8 Fresh thyme Springs
- 2 medium size red onions peeled and sliced into thick wedges
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, lemon juice, zest, garlic, honey, pepper flakes.
- Refrigerate marinated chicken for 2 hours or for best results overnight.
- When ready to cook the chicken pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a rimmed sheet pan place marinated chicken and add the plums and onions and thyme.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 35 – 45 minutes (or until chicken is cooked)
6 thoughts on “Sheet Pan Plum Roasted Chicken Recipe”
This looks so good!
Yum! I love the ease of sheet pan meals and how simple yet tasty they are. Adding this to my list to try for 2021!