Cilantro lime rice is a perfect side dish for practically any meal. Best of all, its very quick and easy to make.
It’s a perfect side for your summer dishes as the lime and cilantro combination are so refreshing.
What Kind of Rice Should you Make Cilantro Lime Rice With?
I have made this dish with Basmati and Jasmin rice with great results, so take your pick.
Can You Make Cilantro Lime Rice Ahead of Time?
Yes you can but I recommend you sprinkle some water on it prior to reheating. Especially if you are warming it up in the microwave.
What Does Cilantro Lime Rice Go With?
Can you Freeze Cilantro Lime Rice?
Yes you can. Once the rice is thawed, stick to the same reheating method indicated above.
Can Cilantro Lime Rice Be Keto?
You can eat the portion that your carb count allows, or better yet, you can make this with cauliflower rice instead of regular rice.
If you are looking for more side dish options, try this Mint Peas recipe.
- 1 ½ cups of basmati or Jasmin rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 ¼ cup of chicken or vegetable broth (salted)
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 2/3 cup of fresh cilantro roughly chopped, tightly packed
- Salt to taste if using unsalted broth
- Wash and drain the rice
- On medium high heat, add oil to a medium sauce pan, add rice
and stir to coat it with the oil. Cook the rice until you get a nice rice scent (stirring continuously so it doesn’t stick or burn). Approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and lime juice. Note: the secret to adding just enough water to rice ratio is if you place your index finger on top of the rice and if the water covers your fist knuckle you have enough liquid.
- Allow the rice to reach a boil. Then cover and reduce heat to lowest setting and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and check for doneness of the rice grains. Fluff the rice and add the chopped cilantro.