My family loves peas, especially my kids. However sometimes just a side of peas can be pretty dull and sorry to say, boring! So here is a quick side dish to jazz up any meal. This creamy mint peas goes perfectly with my Lemon Garlic Leg of Lamb Roast, however my kid love with pretty much anything even with just plain rice.
This dish is super easy and quick to put together and goes well with just about any main dish. Try it out this summer as a side for to go with your BBQ meal, as it is creamy, yet light and refreshing.
If you are looking for more side dish ideas, try this Cilantro Lime Rice.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Recipe for Minted Peas - Creamy and Delicious
Green peas in a creamy mint sauce
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 cup of 10% cream
- 1-2 tbsp of cooking oil
- 4 springs of fresh mint
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cups of frozen peas (thawed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 springs of mint roughly chopped
- On medium heat, place cream in a sauce pan along with the 4 springs of mint leaves and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it steep for 20 minutes.
- In a pan add 1-2 tbsps of oil and sauté the onions until translucent.
- Discard the mint leaves from the cream and add the cream to the onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add thawed peas and allow it to cook in the cream and onions for 30 minutes until peas are tender. Stirring occasionally.
- Once peas are tender, add the roughly chopped mint to the cooked peas and it can be served immediately.
5 thoughts on “Recipe for Mint Peas – Creamy and Delicious”