If you are looking for a quick meal that tastes great, you’re at the right place. My family loves this tuna kebab recipe so much that I make them regularly. Its also convenient because I usually have cans of tuna stocked in my pantry and its a very budget friendly meal.
What to Serve with Tuna Kebabs
For dinner, you can serve tuna kebabs with a fresh salad and a side of ketchup for dipping like my family does. You can also put a tuna kebab in a sandwich for lunch, which I love doing especially when we are in a rush for school or work and have these kebabs on hand. They are perfect on toasted bread, with a little bit of mayo, cheese and ketchup. There you go, a delish unique tuna sandwich.
Pakistani Style Tuna Kebab Recipe
I thought I would mention that I have added spices in this recipe that are typically used in Pakistani cuisine such as cumin, coriander, garam masala and turmeric. All these spices help make the kebabs delicious and flavorful.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 3 cans of tuna well drained
- 1-2 potatoes peeled, cubed and boiled
- 2 spring onions
- ½ onion
- Bunch of cilantro chopped
- Green chilli chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks to mix into meat mixture (save egg whites to dip kebabs before frying)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- Boil potatoes in a small pot with water. Once fork tender, drain and leave potatoes in the hot pot to dry completely.
- In a food processor add the onions, cilantro, potatoes, tuna, egg yolk, and all the spices including cornstarch. Pulse until well combined and almost to a paste like consistency.
- Form into patties
- Dip into egg whites and shallow pan fry for a few minutes on both sides. Line a plate with paper towel to absorb any extra oil off of the kebab before serving.
Boil potatoes in a small pot with water. Once fork tender, drain and leave potatoes in the hot pot to dry completely.
In a food processor add the onions, cilantro, potatoes, tuna, egg yolk, and all the spices including cornstarch. Pulse until well combined and almost to a paste like consistency.
Form into patties
Dip into egg whites and pan fry for a few minutes on both sides. Line a plate with paper towel to absorb any extra oil off of the kebab before serving.
Looking for another quick and easy to make for dinner? Check out this Spanish Rice recipe!
Feature Image credit: Paul_Brighton from Getty Images via canva.com
A free coloring page and activity sheets related to the recipe can be found under children’s activities. Please subscribe below to receive the password to access the printable activities! The activities included in the bundle are:
- Ingredients word search
- Ingredients word unscramble
- Word maker using the words TUNA KEBABS
- Kitchen scavenger hunt
- Coloring page
- Cryptogram joke
- Scavenger hunt with a different theme