Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here.
I love cake. Really I love anything sweet! But if you turned my heart into a pie chart, you would see that cake has the biggest piece. LOL.
Chocolate Cannoli Cake without Mascarpone Cheese
A typical cannoli cake is made with mascarpone cheese. Well this Chocolate Cannoli Cake is quite different and because first, its a sheet cake, and second, its not full of cream. But it has all of my favorite flavors combined in one cake: coffee, chocolate, ricotta cheese and the freshness of orange. Your taste buds will go wild over this flavor combo!
This is a quick and simple sheet cake but no one would ever guess that! To be honest, the first time I made this cake for my family, I thought I would have enough leftovers to take to my friend’s house for her to try. However, my family and I (well maybe mostly me) devoured this cake in a few hours.
Since I raved about how great my Chocolate Cannoli Cake turned out to my friend, I couldn’t show up empty handed! So, I simply whipped up another cake. Yes! It’s that quick and easy.
So if you take anything from my story, its that you should consider doubling up on the ingredients and make yourself 2 cakes. LOL.
How to Store Chocolate Cannoli Cake
This cake can be stored in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week. It can be placed in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Cannoli Cake
Chocolate cannoli cake combines the flavors of coffee, chocolate, ricotta cheese and the freshness of orange all in one cake.
- 1 large egg white lightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2tbsp cold brew coffee
- 4 tsp grated orange zest
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine the egg white, ricotta cheese, sugar, cold brew coffee, orange zest and chocolate chips in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In another larger bowl, combine the first 8 batter ingredients; beat well with a mixer.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; gradually mix it into the sugar mixture until well combined.
- Spray a 9X13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and pour out the cake batter into it.
- Top heaping spoonfulls of the ricotta mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Using a knife cut through the batter in swirl motions to get that lovely swirl look on top of the cake.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until toothpick insert comes out clean.
Let cool before cutting into squares. Refrigerate leftovers in an air tight container.
Here are some of the baking tools I use and love:
Wilton 2109-6836 Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 X 13-Inch Oblong Cake Pan, Multipack of 2, Multicolored
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
If you’re interested in more cake recipes, check out this Orange Cake.
6 thoughts on “Easy Homemade Chocolate Cannoli Cake”